Setting up your mailbox is first to prepare all the items you are going to need. If you are unsure of your choices and how to use your mailbox, do not hesitate to consult our article on the general.
Plan de l'article
What information do I need to have to set up my mailbox?
You will need some information to be able to properly configure your mailbox:
Read also : How does an audit engagement take place?
- Username : usually this is your email address
- Your password
- The address of the outgoing SMTP server
- The address of the incoming server POP or IMAP
- Security protocols for incoming and outgoing servers (SSL, TLS, STARTTLS)
- Port numbers of outgoing and inbound servers.
You can retrieve this information from your mailbox provider , or by searching Google “configuration mail SUPPLIER NAME” (where you replace VENDOR NAME with the actual name of your provider).
For Horizon customers:
Your mailboxes are historically managed by GANDI. If you are a recent customer (after January 2018), your mailboxes are managed by OVH.
Related topic : When will my SFR line be activated?
Information needed for the configuration of your GANDI mailbox:
- Email address and passwords provided to you by our services.
- SMTP outbound server: mail.gandi.net, SSL protocol, port 465
- POP incoming server: mail.gandi.net, SSL protocol, port 995
- IMAP incoming server: mail.gandi.net, SSL protocol, port 993
Information needed for the configuration of your OVH mailbox:
- Email address and passwords provided to you by our services
- SMTP outbound server: ssl0.ovh.net, SSL protocol, port 465
- POP incoming server: ssl0.ovh.net, SSL protocle, port 995
- IMAP incoming server: ssl.ovh.net, SSL protocol, port 993
How add my email address to my email client?
Here you have all your information. It remains only to create the account in your email client.
This procedure varies depending on the email client you are using. If you encounter any difficulties, do not hesitate to search in Google “Add an email account to CUSTOMER NAME”, where you will replace CUSTOMER NAME with the name of your client mail (outlook 2016, thunderbird, apple mail, android…)
- Access the menu “Account Options”, “Account Management”, “Account Settings”, usually contained in a menu File, Tools, Settings…
- Click on “Add Account”, “New…”…
- You will then be asked for your email address to configure, and in some customers your Name and Password. The name will be the name that will appear next to your email address when you send messages, so be sure to fill it correctly.
- According to the email client, the client will manage to determine only the settings of your account, offer you the choice between IMAP and POP , or ask you to provide all the necessary information.
- If you need to provide the login information, be sure to enter the information for the correct server (IMAP, POP, SMTP).
- In the case of SMTP, you will probably need to report that the outgoing server requires authentication (check box), and re-enter your email address and password
- Once the configuration is done, send you an email to yourself to test the functioning of the mailbox . If you receive the message, it’s all functional. Otherwise, you will have an error message you indicating where the configuration failed.
Your mailbox is ready to use!
If you are a Horizon customer and have problems configuring your mailbox provided by our services, do not hesitate to contact us at 05 34 60 10 83 or by email àtechnique@horizon-website.fr